9.17.2007

Wait Patiently

"If you want to hear God's voice clearly and you are uncertain, then remain in His presence until He changes this uncertainty. Often much can happen during this waiting for the Lord. Sometimes He changes pride into humility; doubt into faith and peace; sometimes lust into purity. The Lord can and will do it."

- Corrie ten Boom

"If you told God on your knees that you had reached an impasse and ... were handing it over to Him, then leave it with Him. Do not go to the first Christina you meet and say, 'You know, I have an awful problem; I don't know what to do.' Don't discuss it. Leave it with God, and go on the watch-tower."
- D. Lloyd-Jones

"His leading is only for those who are already committed to do as He may choose. To such it may be said: 'God is able to speak loud enough to make a willing soul hear.'"
- Lewis Sperry Chafer

These quotes, from a current Bible study, were a convicting reminder to me. It's about believing God (again).

Is the third quote entirely true? In the Bible we see God's clear leading even for people who chose to reject it. What about the men who Jesus called to follow Him? They placed other priorities first; they wanted to say good-bye to their families; they wanted to finalize business.

Regardless, the concept that I need to learn remains. Do I ask for God's will so that I can weigh it as an option? Or am I committed to obedience?

1 comment:

Rachel Marie said...

WOW-
That Corrie tenBoom quote is so powerful, and really spoke to my heart! Thank you for posting!