2.17.2010

In the Eye of the Beholder

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Every day here, I see beauty. Perspective is a funny thing. I walk down the street and love everything I'm seeing ... and suddenly notice all the trash. But it doesn't matter.
Lita


Rina


Ana



Natalis
Sweaty guys in my lap makes me so happy. Little critters in sweet girls' hair doesn't make me want to braid their hair any less.


Uli


Sri


And God's teaching me to pray when the language barrier keeps me from asking the questions or saying the things I wish I could say. How much greater for His Spirit to change a heart than for me to say what I'm thinking.

Robi
I can't describe just how beautiful I think these precious children are. And yet, on a regular basis, they stroke my hair, touch my skin, and say, "Beautiful sister." Their smiles melt me.


Warta


Biknel


Since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I've been wondering just how God is seeing things. My perspective can change according to circumstances, but God's view is perfect--He created everything He's viewing.
Delvi and Sona

I've been praying to see through God's eyes. I want to not only see the beauty that delights my heart, but also be willing to see the need and respond sacrificially. I want to see the deep hurts and respond with Christ's compassion.

No comments: