11.11.2009

"Look at the baby."

I can make things pretty complicated sometimes. I don't understand the health care bill and all of its ramifications. I don't understand how the abortion ammendment works. I wonder what the "end of the story" will be when the bill is finally passed.

I don't understand why the media would avoid covering a story about an abortion clinic director who resigned and went to work for Coalition for Life.

I don't understand how someone can tell me they just had an abortion and be absolutely emotion-less. I cried for her; has she cried yet?

But while I might complicate issues with frustration, "political correctness," questions and doubts, I realize there is a reason why Jesus calls us to be like little children.

The disciples complicated issues, too. Jesus responded to them by calling "a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and beome as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.'" (Matthew 18:2-4)

This week I looked into the biggest brown eyes I've ever seen on a 3-year-old. She had come with her mommy to see the ultrasound. She held out her hand to me.

"Look at the baby."

Our nurse had given her a model of a pre-born baby at 10 weeks, the same age of the baby her mommy was carrying. Her little hand rounded perfectly around the tiny baby.

She wasn't doubting viable life. She wasn't asking questions. She saw a baby, and it was very simple to her.

God, make me humble before you so I can see life like you see life.

"Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me." (Matthew 18:5)

No comments: